Senior and Intermediate Crown ProsecutorsListed Monday 2 October, 2023
Since 1922, MWIS Lawyers has served Northlanders through offering a wide range of legal services including property, employment, family and commercial law, trusts and estates, Māori land and civil litigation. MWIS has also been the Office of the Crown Solicitor at Whangārei since the warrant was established in Northland.
Due to an increasing and varied caseload, we are looking for Senior and Intermediate Crown Prosecutors with trial experience to join our supportive, collaborative team and deliver exceptional results. We encourage diversity and inclusion and truly care for our people.
He angitūtanga I The opportunity
In this role, you will be prosecuting a wide range of criminal matters in the District Courts throughout Northland and the High Court in Whangārei. You will appear on all manner of hearings and be responsible for the review of files and charges, examining evidence and being involved in pre-trial work. Through your work, you will engage with a broad range of stakeholders within the justice system, including Police, Courts, Defence and Corrections. You will also have the opportunity to mentor and help develop more junior team members on their career path with MWIS.
He kōrero mōu | About you
To be successful in this role you will need to bring:
- A sound understanding of criminal law and evidence
- Agility and tenacity to perform within a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- The resilience required to deal with complex criminal cases
- Excellent digital, verbal and written skills, with the ability to adjust your communication to suit a range of audiences
- Honesty, transparency and empathy
- High level, strategic and authentic relationship engagement management skills
- An appetite to spend time in Court – there will be plenty of opportunities!
Nōu te rourou| What’s in it for you
- You will get to work under the mentorship of our experienced Senior Crown Partners
- We are a smaller firm that understands you need to make time for priorities outside of work, so we’ve got your back when it comes to your personal world
- We provide you with regular in-house training sessions regarding trial advocacy, and matters relevant to the criminal justice system
- We love trying new things! So we will keep you at the top of your game and in touch with the latest in the sector
- We offer competitive and industry benchmarked salary packages
- You can join one of a number of company sports teams and regular social events
- If you are coming from somewhere outside of Northland, we may also provide a relocation allowance
Tēnā tonoa mai | How to apply
If you want to work with a firm where you can enjoy both rewarding and challenging work beautiful beaches, a coastal lifestyle, and a growing vibrant city please come and join our team.
Have a question you would like to ask before submitting your application? No problem, please feel free to email Leanne McLean, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Streamline HR on firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call (021) 722 532. We’d love to talk with you!Apply now